What is exceeding expectations?
It's an employee-developed plan for making Community Hospital the best possible place to work. It is built around a series of standards designed to promote teamwork and communication, and raise expectations and accountability, at all levels and within all departments of the hospital.
Our Standards of Performance
- Professional conduct: Professional conduct is behavior that consistently demonstrates the principles and values of Community Hospital which, above all, reflects our commitment to our patients.
- Accountability: Accountability at Community Hospital is a proactive attitude where employees demonstrate a sense of ownership for the organization and seek to make this the most professional, clean, organized, and successful place to work in our community.
- Teamwork: Teamwork means working together cooperatively and assertively to achieve a common purpose.
- Patient advocacy : Patients and their families come first at Community Hospital. Therefore, every employee is a patient advocate.
- Patient privacy: Our patients' right to privacy and modesty will be protected by creating and maintaining a safe and trusting environment.
- Communication: Communication skills are an essential component of Community Hospital's effectiveness, both internally and externally. We need to know how to share our views and expertise. And perhaps more importantly, we need to know how to listen.
- Financial responsibility: Healthcare costs are a constant concern for all our patients and their families. Employees can save hundreds of thousands of dollars every year by being aware of the financial impact of their actions.
- Customer service: Customer service is a commitment to treating our customers as a top priority and consistently exceeding their needs and expectations in a timely manner.
- Safety awareness: Safety is the responsibility of all Community Hospital employees.
- Meetings and training: Community Hospital places a high value on professional development and collaboration.