Medical Staff Outstanding Student Leadership Award
Eligibility for the Medical Staff Outstanding Student Leadership Award:
(a) child or grandchild of a member of the medical staff of Community Hospital;
(b) high school junior or senior or community college student
(c) resident of Monterey County for at least one year; and
(d) desire to pursue undergraduate education at a four-year college/university
The Scholarship Committee will consider the following criteria:
• High academic achievement
• Demonstrated good citizenship, with contributions to the community and school
• Participation and demonstrated excellence in extracurricular activities, such as student government, school sports, music or drama, and service or academic clubs (the committee does not take into consideration financial need or a desire to pursue a health career).
- A brief paragraph or two that (a) describes how you meet the criteria for this scholarship and (b) identifies your educational and career goals and how you plan to achieve them
- An official transcript of your academic record through the most recent semester/quarter completed
- Two letters of reference, preferably one from academic faculty and one from a coach/advisor/ director of extracurricular activity in which you participate
- A short representative essay (for example, from an application to college)
Awards range from $100 to $2,000. Students may apply each year that they are eligible.
Although recipients may be a high school junior or community college student, payment of scholarship funds will not occur until student is enrolled in a four-year college.
For information, please contact the Medical Staff Office by email at email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is February 8, 2017.