When members of the community contribute to Montage Health, that support is a sign that we have earned their trust, engagement, and investment.
Donors provided more than $15.1 million in 2015 to programs and services of Montage Health. We received gifts from 2,436 individuals and 87 businesses and organizations, including gifts from 695 first-time donors and 78 planned gifts.
Every gift makes a difference in helping us meet the community's healthcare needs.
- A local tire shop donated $1,500, a percentage of sales during October’s National Breast Cancer Month, to support the Carol Hatton Fund, which enables women of need to have diagnostic screenings at the Carol Hatton Breast Care Center
- A grateful patient honored his radiologist with a gift of $3,500, which will help others receive radiology diagnostics.
- Wells Fargo provided $7,500 to underwrite the parent workshops of Kids Eat Right, a program that teaches fourth graders throughout Monterey County about good nutrition and the importance of daily exercise.
- A $10,000 gift in honor of a grateful patient of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit enabled installation of a putting green to be used as part of physical therapy in that unit.
- Using their home in Pacific Grove, an elderly couple grateful for their care started a charitable gift annuity with a life estate. Their gift will benefit the Outpatient Surgery Center, providing a more comfortable setting for patients and their families.
- A gift of property valued at $1.2 million will support the Palliative Medicine Service program, underwriting costs not covered by insurance.
- A $6 million estate gift from a grateful couple will support diabetes outreach.
Where your gifts are used
Many donors ask us to use their contribution wherever it is needed most. Others have a specific program or service that is meaningful to them and ask that their gift be used to support it. Please see our Current Funding Initiatives.