Published on December 08, 2009
Community Hospital launches new web site
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Brenda Moore (831) 625-4544
Communication and Marketing: (831) 625-4505
MONTEREY, Calif. - Ever wanted to send flowers to someone at Community Hospital? Nervous about what is actually going to happen when you get your knee replaced? Looking for a good source of information about a newly diagnosed illness?
You can do it all at the newly redesigned, user-friendly web site of Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, http://www.chomp.org/. Virtual visitors can find a wealth of health-related information including:
- Detailed descriptions of the services offered at Community Hospital and its off-site locations, from the Comprehensive Cancer Center to the Sleep Disorders Center, Tyler Heart Institute to Laboratory Services
- Guidance on how to prepare for an inpatient or outpatient procedure
- A calendar of classes and events, from the Saturday morning lecture series to support groups to nutrition-related workshops
- Access to databases on health topics, including Healthwise® Knowledgebase, which provides easy-to-understand health information on more than 5,000 subjects
- A referral service to find a doctor
- Podcasts of Community Hospital's lecture series, held twice a month and led by local health experts talking about a range of subjects
- Online versions of Community Hospital's publications, including Pulse magazine and Healthy Happenings, our guide to classes, lectures, events, and support groups
- An online gift shop to order something for delivery to a loved one
- Free cheer cards, ordered online and then printed at Community Hospital and hand-delivered to your loved one
- Capabilities to make a donation to the hospital or pay your bill
- A link to Community Hospital's new Facebook page
The site is designed to enable visitors to approach it from their own particular perspective, whether they are a patient, visitor, doctor, or local employer.
"Our goal was to design it from an audience perspective," says Coralie Cushman, web project manager at Community Hospital. "We wanted anyone who visits the site to quickly be able to find information based on their own particular needs and circumstances.
"We wanted to give visitors insight into all the services that Community Hospital offers so we significantly increased the depth and breadth of our content," Cushman says. "For example, http://www.chomp.org/ visitors can learn what to expect during a specific radiology procedure, compare statistics for open-heart surgery between our Tyler Heart Institute and national averages, or learn about treatments available in our Comprehensive Cancer Center."
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, founded in 1934 and located at 23625 Holman Highway in Monterey, has grown and evolved in direct response to the changing healthcare needs of the people it serves. It is a nonprofit healthcare provider with 205 staffed acute-care hospital beds and 28 skilled-nursing beds, delivering a continuum of care from birth to end of life, and every stage in between. It serves the Monterey Peninsula and surrounding communities through 15 locations, including the main hospital, outpatient facilities, satellite laboratories, a mental health clinic, a short-term skilled nursing facility, Hospice of the Central Coast, and business offices. Find more information about Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula at http://www.chomp.org/