Medical Staff Credentialing Pre-application
Thank you for your interest in joining the Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (CHOMP). Please note that all new applicants must meet the basic qualification criteria listed below:
- Actively practiced clinical medicine within the past 24 months.
- Graduate of an approved Medical, Osteopathic, Dental or Podiatry College
- Licensed by the State of California
- Maintain current liability insurance coverage to exercise all requested privileges in not less than $1/$3 million, as determined by the Medical Executive Committee and the Board of Trustees
- Maintain a residence and active office practice in the community on a full-time basis, located close enough to the hospital to provide appropriate continuity and quality of care.
- During the past five (5) years, the practitioner may not
- Have been denied medical staff membership or been involuntarily removed from medical staff at another hospital or healthcare facility;
- Have been placed on probation or sanctioned by an state licensing board or federal program
If the above qualifications are met, you may fill out our Pre-application Questionnaire.
Medical Staff Services
Once your Pre-application Questionnaire has been reviewed and basic qualifications confirmed, you will be e-mailed a user name and password within three business days in order to access the online Application.
The Medical Staff Office is located at:
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
23625 Holman Highway
PO Box HH
Monterey, CA 93940