A wealth of information at chomp.org
Ever wanted to send flowers to someone at Community Hospital? Nervous about what is actually going to happen when you get your knee replaced?
Looking for a good source of information about a newly diagnosed illness? You can find it all online at the recently redesigned, user-friendly web site of Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, http://www.chomp.org/.
Virtual visitors can find a wealth of health-related information, including:
- Detailed descriptions of the services offered at Community Hospital and its off-site locations
- Guidance on how to prepare for an inpatient or outpatient procedure
- A calendar of classes and events, from the Saturday morning lecture series to support groups and nutrition-related workshops
- Access to databases on health topics including Healthwise® Knowledgebase, which provides easy-to-understand health information on more than 5,000 subjects
- A referral service to find a doctor
- Podcasts of Community Hospital's lecture series, held twice a month and led by local health experts talking about a range of subjects
- Online versions of Community Hospital's publications, including Pulse magazine and Healthy Happenings, our guide to classes, lectures, events, and support groups
- An online gift shop to order something for delivery to a loved one
- Free cheer cards, ordered online and then printed at Community Hospital and hand-delivered to your loved one
Designed with our audience in mind
The internet has become an important tool for people trying to learn more about healthcare in general and their own situation in particular. The goal at www.chomp.org is to make that as easy and as fruitful as possible.
"The site is designed from an audience perspective," says Coralie Cushman (right), web project manager at Community Hospital. "We want anyone who uses it to quickly find information based on their own particular needs and circumstances."