The birth of your child is one of the most important events in your life --- and we treat it that way. Our birth center has 13 rooms equipped for labor, delivery, recovery, and mother-baby care, so you and your support person can stay in your room before, during, and after your delivery. As you prepare for the birth of your child, we thought you might like to know some of the things we believe at the Family Birth Center...
- Birth is one of life's most special events.
- Birth and parenting occur with greater ease, comfort, and joy when parents know what to expect.
- Parents can make decisions and accept responsibility for their own healthcare.
- Family, visitors, nurses, doctors, healthcare providers, and all hospital personnel are regarded with dignity and respect.
- Your support person should be encouraged to stay with you and your baby throughout your hospital stay.
You should also know that Community Hospital is officially Baby-FriendlyTM. The "Baby-FriendlyTM USA" Hospital Initiative is a global program sponsored by the World Health Organization and United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). Based on those groups' Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding, the Baby-FriendlyTM designation is awarded to birth centers that offer breastfeeding mothers help and information for gaining the skills and confidence needed to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding.
Take our tour
To help you get to know us, we offer a free tour and orientation of the Family Birth Center, led by an experienced labor and delivery nurse. Those who attend receive a complimentary online childbirth education course. We also have provided information to help you through your pregnancy and delivery and after the birth of your baby. The information is divided into these easy-to-use sections:
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to call us. You can reach the Family Birth Center at (831) 625-4773. For questions about costs and billing, call Patient Business Services, (831) 625-4910, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.