Nutrition Therapy Program
Whether you need treatment to manage a specific medical condition or reliable information to improve your nutritional health, Community Hospital can help. From individual consultations to weight-management programs, we offer a variety of options to best suit your needs.
Individual nutrition consultation
Individual consultation with a registered dietitian is available with a written referral from your doctor. The consultation includes a clinical nutrition assessment based on your medical diagnosis and laboratory results provided by your doctor, review of your current medications, nutrition supplements, and eating patterns, along with an evaluation of your body composition and lifestyle. A registered dietitian will help you develop a nutrition plan to meet your specific goals.
Heart Smart Supermarket
Let a registered dietitian take you on a tour of the supermarket. You will learn how to use nutrition labels during this informative aisle-by-aisle tour. Participants also receive a valuable packet of materials to help you make smart choices every time you shop.
Kids Eat Right
Kids Eat Right (KER) is an initiative from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that supports efforts to end the childhood obesity epidemic within a generation.
Find out more
Weigh of Life
The Weigh of Life program is a 12-week, comprehensive course focused on making positive, permanent changes in eating habits, exercise and fitness, attitudes, and other lifestyle choices. It is not a "diet" nor is it only for people trying to lose weight. Rather, it is designed for those trying to manage their weight. Taught by registered dietitians, Weigh of Life is based on the most current research related to weight management. Separate programs are offered to suit the unique needs of men and women, and a co-ed support group is available for graduates.
Nutritional analysis services
- Computer diet analysis - comprehensive computer-analysis of your current diet computes your actual calorie and nutrient intake with current dietary recommendations for your age, sex, and weight.
- Recipe analysis - complete nutrient analysis of individual or institutional recipes; this program can also produce an official Nutrition Facts label for each recipe.
- Body composition analysis - This non-invasive procedure using infrared light technology takes just 15 minutes with a registered dietitian. It calculates body fat and lean body weight, water percentage, body mass index (BMI), and basal metabolic rate (BMR).
If you meet certain medical criteria and have been unsuccessful with previous attempts to lose weight, you may be a candidate for bariatric surgery, which can help you lose weight, be more active, and regain your health. Community Hospital's program is designed to support you emotionally and physically throughout your entire experience.
Billing and fee information
- Services provided by registered dietitians are based on an hourly fee schedule.
- Insurance coverage for nutrition therapy varies; check with your insurance provider about your specific plan.