Social media web site participation policy
We encourage your comments on Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula's various blogs and social media pages, and we hope you will participate in our online community. While we welcome your participation, please realize that we are unable to respond to every comment that is posted. Also, due to privacy concerns, we ask that you please refrain from posting comments or questions regarding individual medical cases, patients, and all related conditions, treatment and medical information, as these are not appropriate topics for un-secured, public forum electronic communications.
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula reserves the right to remove comments that it believes are inappropriate for whatever reason, including those that violatethe Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act(HIPAA), those that disparage any individual or organization, those that are offensive or inappropriate in nature, and those that promote a commercial product. We expect a basic level of civility and common sense from our online community; mutual respect is mandatory, and profanity and offensive or abusive language is not permitted. Use good judgment and strive for accuracy in your online communications. Also, please keep in mind that if you post something complimentary about the Hospital, we reserve the right to use it in our materials to help promote Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.
By posting anything on Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula-sponsored social media/networking sites and/or blogs, you are agreeing to give Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, adapt, publish, publicly display, edit, modify, delete, translate, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose, in any form, and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights. We ask that you please respect copyright laws, and that you reference or cite sources appropriately. Plagiarism in any form is prohibited.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, offensive, or embarrassing to any other person or entity. Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula reserves the right to determine what material is appropriate for its social media, networking sites and/or blogs, and to remove any material that it, in its sole discretion, determines is inappropriate.
- Share information that is confidential and/or proprietary about the hospital and/or its patients, employees, physicians, partners, and vendors.
- Refer to hospital clients, partners, or patients without their express consent. Users are prohibited from publishing medical, health or personal information of any kind regarding a client or patient of Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.
- Identify any individuals (other than yourself) by name without their explicit permission. This includes hospital personnel and community physicians.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of any kind.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person, or attribute your comments to another individual.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once, or post any form of "spam."
- Post material that transmits viruses, causes pop-ups, attempts to install software, or otherwise impacts the site and/or its readers with malicious code.
- Engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts Community Hospital's servers and networks.
- Attempt to access any of Community Hospital's online services or platforms by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Community Hospital.
- Use Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula's trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and/or other distinctive brand features.
In addition, you agree to:
- Recognize that you are legally responsible for everything you write or present online. You also agree to indemnify Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, as explained below, against any legal liability that may arise as a result of your participation in its social media, networking sites and/or blogs.
- Show proper consideration for others' privacy and for topics that may be considered objectionable or inflammatory (such as politics and religion).
- Use Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula's social media, networking sites and/or blogs at your own risk.
Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula reserves the right in its sole discretion (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal, offensive, defamatory, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to this policy.
- Terminate a user's access to the blog feature or social media page upon any breach of this policy.
- Edit or delete any communication posted on the blog feature or social media page, regardless of whether such communication violates these standards.
- Change the terms of this social media website participation policy.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted on Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula's social media, networking sites and/or blogs.
By checking the box below, you agree to accept the terms of this social media website participation policy, as set forth above. Your failure to accept those terms will result in your inability to participate in Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula's social media, networking sites and/or blogs.
I agree to accept and abide by the terms of Community Hospital's social media website participation policy, and to be bound by those terms as set forth therein.
I agree to these terms.
I do not agree to these terms.