Chaplain Services of Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula welcomes clergy to consider becoming members of our volunteer chaplain team. We value your compassion, support, and sensitivity. Chaplains are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., excluding holidays. On-call chaplains are available for emergency needs at all other times.
For more information, call (831) 622-2892 for non-urgent needs or ask your nurse to contact a chaplain for you.
- Compassionate and respectful support to help you draw on your own spiritual, religious, cultural, and philosophical resources as you deal with the challenges of illness, treatment decisions, and the healing process.
- Spiritual care that preserves the dignity of each patient
- Resources for patients and their families for making decisions about treatment
- On-call crisis support
- Visits to assigned units on a consistent basis (special training required)
- Grief support
- Liaison with local faith communities