Give back to your community, make new friends, and enjoy the rewarding experience of helping others.
Hospice of the Central Coast
We are looking for volunteers to provide support to our patients.
A variety of volunteer opportunities are available.
Areas of opportunity include:
- Therapy Pets – Do you have a dog that could provide good support to patients? We can connect you with the certification requirements to join our therapy pet program, supporting hospice and Transitions patients.
- Friendly Visitors – Provide consistent companionship to hospice and Transitions patients by going for walks, reading, listening to music, playing games, and receiving life stories.
- Massage Therapy/ Reiki/ Healing Touch/ Therapeutic Touch – If you are licensed/certified in one of these modalities, call us to begin supporting hospice patients with your services.
- Music Therapy – Play your instrument or join the choir and sing at the beside of a patient and/or in the community room of skilled nursing facilities.
- Transportation – Support patients by driving them to and from medical appointments.
- Licensed Hairdressers - Provide haircuts and beard trims to Hospice and Transitions patients on an as needed basis.
Hospice of the Central Coast helps families embrace the life they have left with comfort, dignity, and compassion.
For more information about volunteering, please call Support Services at (831) 622-2745.
Community Hospital Auxiliary
The Auxiliary needs volunteers for:
- Fountain Court Café
- Newspaper and magazine delivery to patients
- Office assistance
- Meal companions for inpatients
- In Marina, at Rehabilitation Services
For more information, please call (831) 625-4555.