A hospital is a house of hope and healing.
But sometimes it can also be a place of uncertainty, loneliness, and loss. In these very human moments, an understanding chaplain can be a true blessing.
Would you like to be one of those chaplains?
Chaplain Services of Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula welcomes clergy to consider becoming members of our volunteer chaplain team. We value your compassion, support, and sensitivity.
Our Healing Environment Provides:
- Compassionate spiritual and emotional support to patients and families dealing with the challenges of illness, treatment decisions, and the healing process
- Spiritual care that preserves the dignity of each patient
- Resources for patients and their families when making bioethical decisions regarding treatment
- On-call crisis support
- Volunteer chaplains with special training who visit assigned units on a consistent basis
- Grief support
- Liaison with local faith communities
For more information, contact the Chaplain Services office at (831) 622-2892, or fill out the volunteer chaplain inquiry form.