Palliative care is a medical specialty directed at those with life-limiting chronic disease, with a focus on providing relief from the symptoms, pain, and distress of illness, whatever the diagnosis. Our team ensures that a thoughtful conversation can occur with the patient about their wishes in the event they cannot speak for themselves.
Our team works with patients and their doctors to set treatment plans and goals, providing psychosocial support, and planning for end-of-life care.
Palliative Medicine Services
- Management of pain and symptoms
- Patient and family support
- Psychological, social, spiritual, and cultural support
- Advanced healthcare planning
- The “Five Wishes,” a living will document and discussion guide created by the Aging with Dignity organization. The guide is a tool to specify direction on treatment you do or don’t want, who will make your healthcare decisions if you can’t, and what you want loved ones to know.
Palliative Care Team
Our team includes:
- our medical director
- nurse practitioner
- registered nurse
- social worker
The following team members are involved as needed:
- discharge planners
- physical therapists
- clinical dietitians