Family Birth Center
Community Hospital is Baby-FriendlyTM. The "Baby-FriendlyTM USA" Hospital Initiative is a global program sponsored by the World Health Organization and United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). Based on those groups' Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding, the Baby-FriendlyTM designation is awarded to birth facilities that offer breastfeeding mothers help and information for gaining the skills and confidence needed to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding.
Our 13 rooms are equipped for labor, delivery, recovery, and mother-baby care. As you prepare for the birth of your child, we thought you might like to know some of the things we believe at the Family Birth Center...
- Birth is one of life's most special events.
- Birth and parenting occur with greater ease, comfort, and joy when parents know what to expect.
- Parents can make decisions and accept responsibility for their own healthcare.
- Family, visitors, nurses, doctors, healthcare providers, and all hospital personnel are regarded with dignity and respect.
- Your support person should be encouraged to stay with you and your baby throughout your hospital stay.
To help you get to know us, we offer a free tour and orientation of the Family Birth Center, led by an experienced labor and delivery nurse. Those who attend will also receive a complimentary online childbirth education course. You'll find more information under the "Childbirth Education" link below. We also have provided information to help you through your pregnancy, delivery, and following the birth of your baby. The information is divided into these easy-to-use sections:
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us. You can reach the Family Birth Center at (831) 625-4773 or Patient Business Services at 625-4910 (for financial and/or billing questions), Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.