Are you overwhelmed dealing with a serious illness?
We can help.
Transitions is a free, nationally proven program that supports individuals who are facing a serious illness and have a life-threatening prognosis. Transitions coordinates community services that can help the individual and their family through this difficult time.
The Transitions team works with the individual and the family to plan the care and resources needed, including:
- Identify and coordinate community resources
- Arrange transportation to medical appointments and treatment
- Provide weekly telephone check-ins
- Provice volunteer support as needed
- Offer regular caregiver support
Anyone facing a serious illness can use the services, which are available in their own home, skilled nursing facility, or assisted living facility.
Anyone can refer an individual to Transitions — family member, friend, doctor, home-care worker, or community agency. In addition, an individual can make a self-referral. To make a referral, call (831) 649-7750.