Sleep Disorders Center
Sleep: It's not just a pause from daily life, it's crucial for renewing mental and physical health. Lack of sleep – especially when it’s chronic – can lead to serious issues, including heart problems, diabetes, and even depression.
About the Sleep Disorders Center
As our name suggests, sleep is our only focus. In fact, we were the first sleep center in Monterey County accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, a professional medical society for healthcare providers in the field of sleep medicine.
How do I know if I have sleep problems?
Everyone has trouble sleeping now and then. However, the following signs may mean you have a sleep disorder and should see a doctor, who can refer you for a sleep test if necessary:
- You doze off unintentionally during the day.
- You snore loudly and persistently during the night, and are sleepy during the day.
- While sleeping, you wake up suddenly, choking or gasping.
- You have had difficulty getting to sleep and staying asleep for more than three weeks.
- You feel irritable and have trouble concentrating on a regular basis due to lack of sleep.
Learn more about specific sleep disorders we can help diagnose and treat.