Hands-on cooking class
Healthy eating begins with healthy cooking, but where do you start?
Start with Cooking for Life.
This hands-on cooking class from Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula is designed to teach you how to prepare simple, healthy, and delicious meals.
Working alongside Community Hospital’s executive chef, Lance Chambers, participants will:
- Create a balanced meal that can be easily duplicated at home
- Learn nutrition basics from one of our expert registered dietitians
- Learn knife skills — how to use them and sharpening and cleaning guidance
- Understand ServSafe® food-handling techniques to prevent food-borne illness
- Take home recipe cards with ingredients, instructions, and nutritional analysis
Chef Chambers will first prepare the meal; participants then break into small groups to prepare it themselves.
Classes are held in the Family and Consumer Science Kitchen at Monterey Peninsula College.
Get driving directions.
Tuscan white bean stew with rosemary
Spinach and strawberry salad
Whole grain artisan bread