Take control to avoid diabetes
Diabetes has become an epidemic in the United States, but you don’t have to join the crowd. If you are considered pre-diabetic, Community Hospital
can help you change course with our Diabetes Prevention Program. Adapted from the Centers for Disease Control, this program has shown success in helping people avoid or delay type 2 diabetes.
- Group session for 16 weeks, followed by 8 monthly meetings
- Lifestyle coaching for healthy eating, exercise, and weight loss
- Goals pursued safely and gradually
This program is for people with a body mass index (BMI)
of 24 or greater (22 for Asians) and any of the following:
- Fasting glucose of 100–125 mg/dl
- Plasma glucose of 140–199 when measured 2 hours after a 75 g glucose load
- A1c of 5.7–6.4 percent
- Diagnosed with gestational diabetes mellitus during a previous pregnancy
A doctor’s referral is required for insurance reimbursement.
Read frequently asked questions.