The health and safety of our patients, staff, physicians, volunteers, and visitors is a top priority for Montage Health. We have implemented visitor restrictions and a screening process, with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, the California Department of Public Health, and other regulatory entities. We also remain a caring, compassionate, and thoughtful organization, and recognize that there are significant life events and practical reasons that in which having support from a family member or friend is vital to the patient’s well-being. Recognizing that, below is a summary of practices now in place.
Visitors/support people must be:
- Limited to one or two people, as outlined in more detail below
- Designated by the patient, and can’t be changed to allow multiple/different visitors
- Free of infectious symptoms/illness
- An adult (18 years of age or older)
- Only in the patient’s room
One or two designated support people are permitted as follows:
- General inpatients — Two designated support people, but only one person may visit at a time
- Pediatric patients — Patients under the age of 18 may have two adult support people/visitors
- Family Birth Center — During labor and delivery, two designated adult support people, along with a licensed doula, may be present. After delivery, the two designated support people may remain during visiting hours (2-8 p.m.) and one may stay the night the baby is born. For babies in our intensive care nursery, two designated support people may visit at the same time
- Emergency department – One support person may accompany the patient
- Patients on “comfort care” at end of life — Two support people are permitted and may stay beyond visiting hours. If death is anticipated within 72 hours, three additional visitors may be permitted to visit patient one time for up to two hours
- Outpatient services — One support person is permitted when medically necessary because they are essential to patients with physical, intellectual, and/or developmental disabilities, or cognitive impairment
No visitors are permitted for COVID-positive patients who are in isolation.
Visitor/support person is allowed from 2- 8 p.m. only, with these exceptions:
- ICU — 2-6 p.m.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit — by appointment only
- Garden Pavilion — no visitation
Video chats available
To increase connection with families, Community Hospital offers patients assistance with video and phone call visits. Patients may ask their nurse to make arrangements for an online chat.