Thank you for choosing Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, part of Montage Health, for your surgery. To get a sense of who we are and what we do, check out this birds-eye view of what we’ve been up to for the last year. The Monterey Bay landscape is stunning!
About Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Located on California’s Central Coast, two hours south of San Francisco, Community Hospital has built a reputation for excellence in a beautiful, healing environment. With private rooms, a medical staff of nearly 500 physicians, and total staff of more than 2,000, patients get individualized, experienced care.
- One of only 112 hospitals nationwide to receive 5-star Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- ‘A’ grade for patient safety from the Leapfrog Group, independent national quality organization
- Accredited chest pain center
- Advanced accreditation for stroke, inpatient diabetes, and palliative care
- Specialized perioperative clinic to ensure patients are prepared for surgery
- Two dedicated cardiac surgery suites, two cardiac catheterization labs, and an electrophysiology lab
- Bariatrics program accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
- 220 private rooms
- Tyler Heart Institute marked its 10th anniversary in 2017, and is the regional leader in open heart surgery
Cardiac surgery | Joint replacement | Spine surgery | Bariatric surgery | Intensive inpatient rehabilitation
Net Promoter Score
Community Hospital is setting the expectation for overall patient experience for inpatients and in the Emergency Department. Our Net Promoter Score, a score that measures the willingness of patients to recommend a hospital’s services to other friends and family members, beats the national average. Our inpatient NPS is 76 as compared to a national average of 60.9 and our Emergency Department rates a 57.2 as compared to a national average of 49.6.*
*Scores are for January 1-June 8, 2018.
2018 CareChex National Hospital Quality Rankings
CareChex Clinical Category
Medical Excellence National Rank *
Medical Excellence National Percentile
|Cardiac Surgery (Major)
|Coronary Bypass Surgery
|Orthopedic Surgery (Major)
|*Compared to the # of facilities performing each clinical service throughout the nation.
|Example (Cardiac Surgery - Major): Community Hospital has the 3rd best quality scores of all 1,140 hospitals performing this procedure.
All of our destination care patients who have procedures at Community Hospital will be connected with one of our Physician Liaisons who can answer questions, connect you with local resources, and be your go-to contact during your visit to the Monterey Peninsula.
Pictured: Rose Wheelus, Donna Miller, Geri Kenyon, and Teresa Nunes, our Physician Liaisons