Philanthropy at Montage Health
We’re there when you, your family, and your friends need us most.
Our family of organizations is dedicated to the pursuit of optimal health for people in Monterey County, from birth to end of life, because your health is our community’s greatest resource.
Philanthropy has played an important role in the exceptional care Montage Health provides.
Giving to Montage Health, a nonprofit organization, is very personal. Often, giving is an expression of gratitude for the care you or a loved one received. You may want to recognize a caregiver or give in honor a loved one. Whatever your reasons, your generosity enables countless others to benefit.
Montage Health is our parent company and Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula remains the flagship of the organization. Together, the Montage Health subsidiaries provide a complete healthcare resource:
- Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, established in 1934
- Montage Wellness Center in Marina and Salinas, established in 2011
- Aspire Health Plan, established in 2013
- Community Health Innovations, established in 2012
- Montage Medical Group, established in 2009 and now offering primary and specialty in Monterey, Carmel, and Marina
You can feel good about making a donation to Montage Health because...
Your giving has results
When members of the community contribute to Montage Health, that support is a sign that we have earned their trust, engagement, and investment.
- Gifts to physician recruitment have enabled Montage Heath to recruit doctors to the Monterey Peninsula to make healthcare more accessible.
- Gifts to Inspiring Innovation have provided funds to develop the platform for online health records, giving access to doctors and patients, eliminating duplicate tests, and making healthcare more efficient and less costly in Monterey County.
- Support of the diabetes program has enabled the Kids Eat Right program to reach more than 4,300 students in Monterey County. This program teaches fourth graders about the importance of good nutrition and daily exercise, part of our effort to lower the high rate of childhood obesity in Monterey County.
- Many gifts to the Radiation Oncology Fund resulted in the purchase of a new state-of-the-art linear accelerator, enhancing our ability to treat cancer patients.
There are many ways you can make an impact by giving to these initiatives of Montage Health: High Quality, Accessible Care, Women and Family Institute, and Inspiring Innovation.
Montage Health is fiscally and institutionally sound
Montage Health is the leading healthcare institution on the Monterey Peninsula because of the strong and experienced governance of our leadership. The standards of excellence we adhere to have helped us earn numerous awards and recognitions, recognizing our commitments to quality, safety, and innovation.
We are committed to wise stewardship of our financial resources. Common indicators of strength include endowment size and fundraising efficiency. At the end of 2015, the endowment of Montage Health stood at $135.4 million. That same year, the Development department reported the cost to raise each dollar at 16 cents. For more information see our Annual Report.
Your involvement is valued
Recognition of our donors is important to us; we couldn’t provide award-winning quality patient care without you and your investments in our mission.
When you name Montage Health as a beneficiary in your estate plan you become a member of our Legacy Society. When you make a gift to our Annual Fund, you join a distinguished group of important supporters. In some circumstances, there are naming opportunities in recognition of the lasting commitment and impact your gift will have on our community. As a member of the Legacy Society or as a donor of a certain level, you are also recognized in the Partner’s in Caring program.
This is your community
When you give to Montage Health you are helping to provide an essential community benefit – the care of those who need it, regardless of their ability to pay. On average, Montage Health provides more than $166 million a year in free services to the community. View the full Community Benefit Report to learn more.
Support us today