Medical Staff Outstanding Student Leader Award
Eligibility for the Medical Staff Outstanding Student Leader Award:
- Child or grandchild of a member of the medical staff of Community Hospital
- High school junior or senior or community college student
- A resident of Monterey County for at least one year; and
- Intent to enroll at a four-year college or university
The Award Committee will consider the following criteria:
- High academic achievement
- Demonstrated good citizenship, with contributions to the community and school
- Participation and demonstrated excellence in extracurricular activities, such as student government, school sports, music or drama, and service or academic clubs (the committee does not take into consideration financial need or a desire to pursue a health career).
- A statement that describes your eligibility for this award and identifies your educational and career goals
- A transcript of your academic record through the most recent semester/quarter completed
- Two letters of reference, preferably one from academic faculty and one from a coach/advisor/ director of extracurricular activity in which you participate
- A short representative essay (for example, from an application to college)
Awards range from $100 to $2,000. Students may apply each year that they are eligible.
Payment of award funds will not occur until the student is enrolled in a four-year college.
Application materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Attn. Medical Staff Services
P.O. Box HH
Monterey, CA 93942
For information, please contact the Medical Staff Office by email at email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is February 1, 2019.