Be Med Smart
You never know when you are going to have a health emergency, and when you do, it’s important to have a current list of medications handy for your health provider.
- What each medication does for you or what it’s for
- What are possible side effects before starting a new medication
- When and where you can safely dispose medications that you’re no longer taking
- A picture of your pill bottles on your smart phone or a medication list with you
- A copy of your up-to-date list with you at all times
- Your list with your doctors and pharmacist so they can check for interactions to avoid harm
- This message with others in your life who take medication
For a list of safe medication disposal bins, visit montagehealth.org/prescribesafe or drop them off at a bin at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.