Carol Hatton Breast Care Center
Expert Care, leading technology
The Carol Hatton Breast Care Center combines innovative technology, including leading-edge digital mammography equipment, and a staff of experienced breast specialists. We tailor our services to your needs and maintain your privacy in our spa-like setting.
The Carol Hatton Breast Care Center's superior care has been recognized by the American College of Radiology, which designated it a Breast Care Center of Excellence. It was the first center in the area to achieve that accreditation, which signifies that it meets the highest level of safety, imaging quality, and technical ability in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, and breast ultrasound, including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy.
Features of our center
- Comprehensive breast care in a single setting, where breast specialists become your personal team. Medical director Susan Roux, MD, has specialized in breast radiology for two decades.
- Same-day biopsy, if indicated
- Quick turnaround on test results
- An integrated breast program to ensure seamless access to hospital-based services, open communication among all physicians and the patient, and continuity of care
Meet our radiologists
- All-female staff
- Customized treatment options based on discussion and consensus of a multidisciplinary team of specialists, including radiologists, pathologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, and plastic surgeons
- A nurse navigator to ensure patients get every appointment they need and to provide support and counseling throughout their diagnosis, treatment, and recovery
- Individualized breast self-exam instructions
- Digital mammography, enhanced with computer-aided detection software, leading to a quicker and more accurate diagnosis
- Mammography with MammoPad®, ensuring the most comfortable patient experience possible, provided at no extra charge
- 3-D breast ultrasound, used in conjunction with mammography for women with dense breast tissue
- Minimally invasive diagnostic procedures using ultrasound, MRI, and stereotactic guidance
- Access to clinical trials
- Screening for osteoporosis
Learn more about our advanced technology
Breast care assistance funds
Thanks to generous donors, Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula has two funds to provide financial assistance for Monterey County women who need screening mammograms or more advanced diagnostics but can’t afford them.
For information about the application process, please call the Carol Hatton Breast Care Center at (831) 622-2760.
New Carol Hatton Breast Care Center in Ryan Ranch
Our newest addition in Ryan Ranch is now open, housing the new Carol Hatton Breast Care Center. It has doubled the center’s space, increasing access for our community.