Comprehensive Cancer Center: Where hope lives
A cancer diagnosis is life-changing. But, for many, it's no longer a terminal illness. It is, however, the beginning of a challenging journey.
We can help you navigate the expected and the unexpected. We offer treatment through surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation, as well as unique, personalized support:
- An oncology nurse educator, working with patients one-on-one
- A social worker to help guide patients and families through the healthcare system and provide emotional support and financial guidance
- A survivorship class series, covering nutrition, stress, exercise, and more
- Support groups and classes
Cancer Center quality
Cancer programs use a lot of adjectives to describe themselves and the work they do. But are the words supported by meaningful, independent measurements that can be compared against other programs? Ours are.
The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer is the credentialing organization for our cancer program. It collects data from cancer-care programs, assessing whether and how they follow established standards of care for major cancers. The information is available on the internet, and enables the public to compare individual programs to each other and to regional, state, and national results.
Learn more and see our results
Award-winning care that's close to home
We have received the highest accreditation available to a community hospital, and are honored to have been recognized with the Commission on Cancer, Outstanding Achievement Award.
These guidelines include:
- Quality care close to home
- Comprehensive care offering state-of-the-art services and equipment
- A multi-specialty, team approach to coordinate the best treatment options available to cancer patients
- Access to cancer-related information, education, and support
- Participation in clinical trials and new treatment options
Our cancer center
The 24,000-square-foot Comprehensive Cancer Center includes private consultation and exam rooms, two radiation therapy suites and a state-of-the-art linear accelerator, and the Health Resource Library. We also have an adjacent outpatient infusion center and a dedicated inpatient unit. Patients receiving treatment will also enjoy complementary services including valet parking and music at the bedside.
If you need to be admitted to the hospital, our patient rooms are private, and each one is furnished with a comfortable daybed so a family member or friend can stay with you. Additionally, we offer many classes and support groups for caregivers.
A full spectrum of care
From cancer prevention and screenings to end-of-life care, you and your family will find all the resources you need right here at Community Hospital. We strive to provide a seamless experience as patients move from one stage of treatment to the next.
Learn more about our services