Automated External Defibrillator (AED) program
During cardiac arrest, every second counts. If a defibrillator can be used -- ideally within about three minutes -- the victim has a 50-to-70-percent chance of survival. National statistics indicate that 80 percent of all cardiac arrests occur outside the hospital, and only 5 percent of those individuals survive, simply because they could not get help soon enough. That’s why Community Hospital launched a program in 2003 to make easy-to-operate defibrillators available throughout the area.
Tyler Heart Institute AED Program seeks to increase the survival rate from Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) in Monterey County by providing discounted Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs), training, AED program, and maintenance support for businesses, organizations, churches, and schools. We can also assist with enrolling existing AEDs.
Each AED Package includes:
- Initial site assessment to review all aspects of the AED Program, implementation process, and AED location
- AED with carrying case, battery, pads and accessory pouch
- Wall cabinet (mobile case available if needed)
- Location signs
- AED in-service for employees, members, and staff
- Policy & Procedure assistance
- Enrollment in maintenance program:
- EMS registration
- Replacement battery/electrodes if AED is used
- Medical oversight and review if AED is used
- Email reminders to complete AED monthly checks & replace supplies