Community Resources for CPR/AED Training
These don’t include CPR certification but will review how to use an AED.
- DVD: Your AED may come with a DVD which includes a video demonstrating how to use your AED. This is an excellent resource to review with new employees or on an annual basis. If you have a Physio-Control LifePak CR Plus, you can also access a demonstration video on YouTube.
- Tyler Heart Institute AED Program On-site AED in-service: An interactive, informational and fun 60-minute in-service on how to use your specific AED. Participants learn when and how to use their AED and have an opportunity to use the AED trainer and “save” the mannequin.
A/V equipment required/set-up at location:
- Large screen
- Laptop with a projector
- Internet connection (not required but preferred)
- This training is included when you enroll or purchase an AED
- Additional trainings are available for a small fee:
- $75 for non-profit organizations, $150 for for-profit organizations; Limit to once/year per location
- No maximum on # of participants
AHA Heartsaver CPR/AED Classes
Here are some resources for the 4-hour AHA Heartsaver CPR/AED class which include certification and what we recommend for non-healthcare individuals. All have fees and you and/or your staff would work directly with each organization.
- Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Ryan Ranch Outpatient Campus Building D, Monterey CA 93940
- Defib This (on-site group option as well as individual sign up)
1543 Pacific Ave, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Above Bar CPR (on-site group option as well as individual sign up)
3121 Park Ave, Suite E, Soquel, CA 95073
- Salinas Valley Hospital (individual sign-up at their location only)
450 E. Romie Lane, Salinas, CA 93901