To Purchase an AED
Any organization is welcome to purchase an AED through the Tyler Heart Institute’s (THI) Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Program. We can assist you by implementing an AED program at your organization.
The THI AED Program includes:
- A site visit to review your AEDs
- Review of AED location, accessories, signage, and registration with Emergency Medical Services
- Assistance with California Health and Safety Code compliance
- Medical Director oversight
- In-service for staff/employees on how to use specific AED
- A policy and procedure template
- Response/review of AED is used for resuscitation
- On-going maintenance oversight, including monthly check reminders, battery/pad replacement reminders, and recall notifications
AED package: $2000
After the initial fee, there is no on-going cost for maintenance support as the hospital is sponsoring the program. The only additional cost will be to replace the AED batteries/pads prior to expiration.
Steps to implement your AED program
Step 1: Submit the AED Purchase Request. Once reviewed, the THI AED Program staff will contact you.
Step 2: We will schedule a 30-minute site visit with you. During this meeting we will:
- Review the overall program and implementation steps
- Provide an invoice for AED
- Complete the Letter of Agreement
- Get a copy of one current CPR card from someone who works at the location
- Schedule the 1-hour AED in-service for employees
- Get the name, email, and phone for the individual at this location who will be doing the monthly AED check (we will review with you)
Step 3: Once the previous steps have been completed, the AED(s) will be installed and enrolled in the program.