Request Financial Assistance for an AED
Any non-profit organization is welcome to apply for partial funding from the Tyler Heart Institute’s (THI) Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Program. We can assist you by reviewing your current AEDs and program.
The THI AED Program includes:
- A site visit to review your AEDs
- Review of AED location, accessories, signage, and registration with Emergency Medical Services
- Assistance with California Health and Safety Code compliance
- Medical Director oversight
- In-service for staff/employees on how to use specific AED
- A policy and procedure template
- Response/review of AED is used for resuscitation
- On-going maintenance oversight, including monthly check reminders, battery/pad replacement reminders, and recall notifications
Steps to apply:
Step 1: Submit an application. Once reviewed, the THI AED Program staff will contact you regarding your request.
Step 2: We will schedule a 30-minute site visit with you. During this meeting we will:
- Review the overall program
- Complete the Letter of Agreement
- Determine the location for AED(s)
- Get a copy of one current CPR card from someone who works at the location
- Schedule the 1-hour AED in-service for employees
- Get the name, email, and phone for the individual at this location who will be doing the monthly AED check (we will review with you)
Step 3: Complete a 60-minute AED In-Service for employees. Once all steps are complete, your AED will be installed and enrolled in the program.