Cooking for Life
Hands-on cooking class
Healthy eating begins with healthy cooking, but where do you start?
Start with Cooking for Life.
This hands-on cooking class from Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula is designed to teach you how to prepare simple, healthy, and delicious meals.
Working alongside Community Hospital’s executive chef, participants will:
- Create a balanced meal that can be easily duplicated at home
- Learn nutrition basics from one of our expert registered dietitians
- Learn knife skills — how to use them and sharpening and cleaning guidance
- Understand ServSafe® food-handling techniques to prevent food-borne illness
- Take home recipe cards with ingredients, instructions, and nutritional analysis
Our chef will first prepare the meal; participants then break into small groups to prepare it themselves.
Classes are held in the Family and Consumer Science Kitchen at Monterey Peninsula College.
Sign up for a Cooking for Life class
Get driving directions
Tuscan white bean stew with rosemary
Spinach and strawberry salad
Whole grain artisan bread