The Recovery Center
The Adult Recovery Center's comprehensive program can help restore health, improve family relationships, quality of life, self-respect, and dignity. Our experienced staff knows that everyone’s treatment plan requires individual assessment and treatment options.
Through family counseling, group therapy, and educational sessions, people learn to re-experience freedom from alcohol and drugs. We help them understand themselves, the disease, and how it affects family, friends, and others. We help build effective coping techniques and support recovery.
What is the Adult Recovery Center?
The Adult Recovery Center is an outpatient program providing structured treatment, Monday- Friday evenings. The program is dedicated to the treatment of chemical dependency and to restoring the quality of life for participants.
Adult Recovery Center Program Components
The Adult Recovery Center is designed to meet the needs of people 18 years and over experiencing problems with alcohol and/or drugs. Successful recovery involves developing new skills and behaviors, changing old attitudes, and learning to deal more effectively with the ups and downs of daily living.
The Adult Recovery Center program offer a structured program that works with patients and their families. The program includes strategies to reach and maintain sobriety, coping mechanisms, education and improved understanding of addiction, family education, risk management and a variety of relapse prevention tools. The evening treatment program allows clients to continue with work or school during treatment. Treatment is a 12-step approach with education, skill building, strength and resistance-based skill building; there is a strong family component, aftercare and alumni.
What is chemical dependency?
Chemical dependency is characterized by unhealthy involvement with mood- or mind-altering chemicals such as alcohol, street drugs, and certain prescription medications. It is a chronic, progressive, and potentially fatal condition.
Chemical dependency damages all aspects of one's life including health, career, family, and finances.
- Addiction medicine evaluation and consultation
- Psychiatric evaluation and treatment, may be available through consultation (additional charges will apply)
- Group and individual treatment
- Education and skill-building
- Family involvement
- Relapse prevention
Would would benefit?
If you, or someone you know, is having problems with alcohol or drugs, our adult recovery program can help.
Do you have a problem?
This list of questions can help you decide whether you are addicted to alcohol or drugs or have the potential for addiction. There are no right answers, only honest answers. If you find yourself answering "yes" to more than two, you may want to talk with professional.
- Has spending money on alcohol or drugs kept you from buying necessities such as food or from paying the rent or mortgage?
- Have you ever borrowed money to pay for alcohol or drugs?
- Have you ever missed a day of work because of drinking or using?
- Have you ever used alcohol or drugs to help get through the day?
- Have you ever driven a car while under the influence of alcohol or drugs?
- Do you use alcohol or drugs to feel good or self-confident, overcome shyness, or to forget your problems?
- Have you ever tried to cut down your drinking or drug use?
- Do you ever feel guilty about drinking or using?
- Do you have trouble waking up or feel as if you have a hangover the morning after you drink or use?
- Do you suspect that your use of alcohol or drugs has increased over the past few months?
- Have you ever thought about suicide since you've been drinking or using?
Each person's recovery plan is tailored to meet individual needs; we strongly encourage family/support person’s participation, as well as the patient following up with aftercare and alumni programs to help them stay substance-free, prevent relapse and to learn more about the disease of addiction.
Chemical dependency-certified physicians can provide medical detoxification and appropriate medical treatment.
If you would like more information for yourself or someone you care about, call us.
Initial assessment and evaluation are provided free of charge. For more information or for an appointment, call (831) 373-0924 or 800-528-8080.
Many insurance cover Recovery Center treatment. Financial assistance may be available. Employee Assistance Program and managed care referrals are welcome.