We welcome you and your support person to learn about pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and newborn care. Our childbirth classes are designed to give you knowledge and confidence during this special time.
These small-size classes are taught by a Lamaze-trained labor and delivery registered nurse. They are ideal for women in their second or the early part of their third trimester who are planning to deliver at Community Hospital’s Family Birth Center. We’ll cover:
- Strategies for a healthy pregnancy and having the kind of birth experience you want
- Coping techniques and comfort measures for labor pain
- Pregnancy, labor, delivery, postpartum, newborn, and breastfeeding terminology
- Common interventions and medications used during labor, delivery, and cesarean births
- Bonding and the importance of skin-to-skin contact with your newborn
- Basic newborn care and breastfeeding
- Your role in making informed choices about your and your baby’s care
- The many services offered at Community Hospital
A tour of the Family Birth Center is included. You may bring food and drink or you can buy food at the Fountain Court Cafe.
Loose, comfortable clothing is recommended for active participation.
Please bring your birthing ball and a couple of pillows.