We welcome you and your spouse or support person to learn about pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and newborn care. Our Lamaze-based childbirth classes are designed to give you and your partner knowledge and confidence during this special time.
These small-size classes are taught by a Lamaze-trained labor and delivery registered nurse. They are ideal for women in their second or the early part of their third trimester who are planning to deliver at Community Hospital’s Family Birth Center. We’ll cover:
- Strategies for a natural and healthy pregnancy and birth
- Coping techniques and comfort measures for labor pain
- Pregnancy, labor, delivery, postpartum, newborn, and breastfeeding terminology
- Common interventions and medications used during labor, delivery, and cesarean births
- Bonding and the importance of skin-to-skin contact with your newborn
- Basic newborn care and breastfeeding
- Your role in making informed choices about your and your baby’s care
- The many services offered at Community Hospital
A tour of the Family Birth Center is included. Light snacks and drinks will be provided.
Loose, comfortable clothing is recommended for active participation.
Please bring your birthing ball and a couple of pillows.